Downtime Podcast, one of mountain biking’s most popular podcasts with over three million downloads and a list of guests that reads like a who’s who of gravity mountain biking, branches out into print media with Downtime EP.
Teaming up with print specialists Misspent Summers, publisher of downhill World Cup and Enduro World Series yearbooks, Downtime adds another quality product to its offering with the EP, a biannual journal featuring the best photography and writing in mountain biking.
Taking inspiration from podcast episodes, Downtime EP expands on the varied subjects captured in Downtime’s 240+ episodes. Each issue of the EP is packed with features: interviews, photo essays, investigations, infographics, comment and more.
EP1 is 164 pages of beautiful print, with principal photography by Sven Martin, Boris Beyer and Sebastian Schieck, design by Chris and Harriet Jones, main features writing by Daisy Maddinson, Victor Lucas and Pete Scullion, plus a range of other articles by EP’s many talented contributors and guests.
Subscriptions are now open and cost £20 plus postage for two issues per year, saving £5 off the cover price. A limited number of EP1 copies are also available for non-subscribers for £12.50 plus postage.
Downtime EP1 details:
- 164 pages
- Longform writing, comment, photo essays, illustrations and top-quality design
- Based loosely on Downtime Podcast episodes – takes inspiration from guests or subjects and builds on them
- Brings select interviews into edited format to read in print
- EP1 features include: The Big Clean Up (Daisy Maddinson); Aaron Gwin, Phenomenal Speed (Sven Martin); Fitter, Faster, Funner (Victor Lucas); TX264 (Pete Scullion); Innes Graham; Camille Balanche; and much, much more
- Supported by MTB’s most forward-thinking brands